South Yorkshire, England
10 months ago
Fire Safety Officer
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Fire Safety officer to work for a large social housing organisation based in South Yorkshire.
The purpose of the role is to support the Compliance Team Leader to ensure fire safety compliance across the managed portfolio and in line with the requirements.
Responsibilities of the Fire Safety Officer include:
- Support in the development, implementation and review of the company's Fire Management Plan
- Take the lead on the Fire Risk Assessment (FRAs) programme and ensure that all FRAs are in date and are of good quality
- Ensure completion of recommendations and actions arising from FRAs, ensuring records and audit trails are maintained/updated to evidence achievement and compliance
- Monitor and measure performance as part of the wider health, safety and compliance framework, and action to ensure that under performance is addressed/escalated
- Provide technical advice and guidance across the business in relation to all aspects of fire safety
- Provide advice and support to colleagues in developing building 'Fire Safety Strategies', 'Emergency Evacuation Plans' and 'Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans' (PEEP's)
- Contribute to the development and implementation of all required policies and procedures in relation to fire safety
- Engage, inform and provide advice to employees, tenants, leadership teams and senior management team on changes in fire safety legislation.
- Ensure that all relevant records and information is in place and carry out audits
- Responsible for liaising with other professional bodies
- Liaising with customers as and when required in relation to fire safety including attendance at relevant meetings where appropriate. This may involve participation in tenant engagement and involvement activities on fire safety and prevention initiatives.
- Willing and able to travel across the borough with access to a vehicle.
Required skills and experience of the Fire Safety Officer:
- Higher National Certificate/Diploma in Building Studies or equivalent
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management, FPA C08 Fire Risk Management in Residential Properties qualified or equivalent
- Building Regulations, CDM, and Health and Safety legislation
- Member of the Institute of Fire Engineers
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience of carrying out Fire Risk Assessments in Residential Buildings to PAS79 standard
- Experience of working with and knowledge of the Regulatory Reform Order (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Experience of implementing and maintaining accurate records and undertaking performance monitoring, ideally in relation to fire safety
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Fire Safety Officer role, please apply now or contact Claire Harrison at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.