City of London, London
£85000 - £86000 per annum
11 months ago
Forensic Accountant sought for our prestigious Client based in Central London. This is an exciting time for our client, who are looking to expand and redevelop their Accountancy Department as part of a major recruitment drive.
The Forensic Accountant will join a pro-active team and will play a key role in conducting forensic investigations into potential misconduct or breaches of relevant requirements on the part of individual accountants, actuaries or accountancy firms.
Responsibilities of the Forensic Accountant:
- Manage investigations on behalf of Executive Counsel.
- Investigate misconduct/ breaches of relevant requirements by fellow professional accountants, audit firms or actuaries.
- Support Senior Forensic Accountants on the largest and most complex investigations.
- Responsible for determining the avenues of enquiry; using expertise to identify sources of evidence and request provision of documentation and information.
- Responsible for the allocation of case team resources; and the quality of work product from more junior members of the case team. .
- Responsible for identifying and working with internal experts to clarify relevant accounting, audit, actuarial or professional standards, and ensuring the case team has a thorough understanding of technical issues.
Qualities of the Forensic Accountant:
- Qualified accountant with significant experience in forensic investigation.
- Expertise in managing complex financial investigations involving high volumes of material.
- Significant expertise in investigating complex financial data.
- Understanding of audit is essential.
- Experience of and skill in staff supervision and development.
- High degree of skill in being able to assimilate large volumes of complex material.
- Proven ability to identify and focus on key issues.
- Proven ability in being able to recognise valuable lines of enquiry.
- Skilled in being able to obtain information through interview.
- Communication skills - being able to explain financial concepts to non-finance professionals.
If you are interested in the role please apply with your CV below or contact Josh Spencer on 0151 224 1480.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.