South London, London
over 1 year ago
6 months +
Freedom of Information Officer
3 months +
Full Time Locum
A busy local authority in Kent are looking for an Freedom of Information Officer to join their vibrant team on a locum basis for an initial 3-6 months. The council in question have an FOI backlog so need a positive and hardworking individual.
As an Freedom of Information Officer you will be responsible for:
- Use FOI template exemptions or has already designed these (and can apply them)- applying exemptions, recognising what is an absolute exemption and what isn't
- Applying the public interest test and liaising with senior stakeholders who have outstanding FOI's
- Training staff and advising staff on FOI/DSARS/EIR's
- Updating spreadsheets and chasing FOI's.
- Liaising with the ICO in regards to complaints
This local authority is looking to hire an individual who has preferable has experience dealing with Freedom of Information and Subject Access Requests.
- Flexible hours
- A competitive hourly rate
- The opportunity to gain experience in the public sector
- A supportive and friendly work environment
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Amy Swain in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.