Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
12 months ago
Fixed Term Contract, Full-Time
Middlesbrough & Stockton-On-Tees
Hours of Work: 37 hours (Mon to Thu 8am - 4pm/Fri 8am - 3.30pm)
An exciting new role has come available with a public sector organisation based in Middlesbrough. This well-established Supportive Housing employer are recruiting for Gas Installers/Engineers on a fixed term contract till April 2020 and possible extension.
This employer seeks to recruit motivated individuals who can bring their extensive knowledge and experience to the team, working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that the team is seen as an innovative and forward thinking business stream, achieving high performance. Individuals who are reliable, energetic and adaptable in their approach and can work progressively in a high performing, commercially minded environment. Are you up for the challenge of bringing their vision to life?
They are seeking motivated and experienced individuals to join their trade based service across their housing stock in Middlesbrough and Stockton which may include:
- Repairs and maintenance
- Works to void and empty properties
- Investment / Refurbishment works
- Cyclical and servicing activities where applicable
Key responsibilities of the Gas Engineer:
- Working across supportive housing stock in Middlesbrough and Stockton
- Completing plumbing repairs, renewals and safety checks to domestic premises
- Completing gas servicing
- Diagnosing faults and undertaking or recommending remedial repairs as appropriate
- Identifying, quantifying and acquiring materials for completion of work
Essential requirements of the Gas Engineer:
- ACS Gas Safety CCN1, CENWAT, HTR1, CPA1 and CKR1
- Held responsibility for diagnosis and repairs
- Installed boilers and full central heating systems
- Carried out general plumbing maintenance
- Full UK Clean Driving licence
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers, verbally, electronically and in person
- Experienced in the safe use of plant, equipment, PPE and can demonstrate the relevant appreciation of Health & Safety and Waste Management Legislation
To provide the best service to their customers this client is implementing the 'TradePlus' scheme. A multi-skilled workforce allows their services to be as efficient as possible, by increasing the availability of appointments, reducing waiting times, ensuring jobs are completed on first visit and thereby increasing the productivity and efficiency of their services. All of which is aimed at ensuring they enhance their customer's experience at the same time as ensuring value for money.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply now, or contact Danni Kemp at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice.