City of London, London
£40000 - £55000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are currently working with one of the best-known General Insurance brokers in the UK market as they seek to recruit a new GI Pricing Specialist (SME) to work across their Home / Motor book. This is a highly visible appointment for our client who are investing heavily in their Pricing / Data Science capabilities.
Initially the Pricing Specialist will focus on leading our client's response to the FCA Review into GI Pricing practices, before focussing on ad-hoc projects aimed at increasing value and profitability.
This role can be FULLY REMOTE.
Responsibilities of the Pricing Specialist:
- Lead our client's response to the FCA's new legislation effecting Fair Pricing practices
- Help to re-structure our client's Optimisation process across all Home / Motor products
- Conduct in-depth Pricing Analysis and present findings to senior stakeholders (up to board level)
- Build models using Emblem / Radar
- Act as SME for all technical queries around Home / Motor Pricing
Skills and experience of the Pricing Specialist:
- 2.5 years+ of General Insurance Pricing experience, preferably within Personal Lines
- Excellent understanding of Price Optimisation techniques
- Strong background using tools such as Emblem / Radar
- Experience of using SQL / Tableau would be advantageous
- Good progress in the Actuarial exams desirable but not essential
- Highly numeric degree (or equivalent) such as Maths or Physics from a top university
- Previous exposure to Machine Learning / Data Science techniques would be advantageous
Rewards and benefits:
- Up to £55,000 basic salary
- Full Actuarial study support if desired
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pensions scheme
- Various other flexible benefits
- Full remote working if desired
If you think this opportunity could be of interest please apply below with your CV or call Charlie Christian on 0151 224 1480.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.