East of England, England
over 1 year ago
3 months +
Legal and Corporate Governance to assist the Head of Legal within a Local Authority, based in East of England over a good length of contract.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Governance Assistant to work closely with the Legal management team, supporting the Monitoring Officer.
The majority of the work will relate to the regulatory affairs of the Partner Councils and Town and Parish Councils including:
- Regulation of Regulatory Powers Act (RIPA)
- Data Protection
- Freedom of Information
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
1. To give practical, clear, accurate and full legal advice to Councillors and Council officers, including the Chief Executive, Directors, Heads of Service and senior managers of the Partnership
2. To draft legal documents, including complex documents where original thought is required
3. To assist with the Councils' responses to complex complaints, which may involve points of law and procedure
4. To assist in dispute resolution, taking a lead role in alternative dispute resolution and representing the Partnership at court and public inquiries
5. To deliver accurate, prompt, cost effective and customer focussed legal services to the Partnership and its client services
While previous experience working in a Legal background is desirable, the post holder is not required to be a Lawyer.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Leah Edgar in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.