£40 - £45 per annum
9 months ago
6 Months +
£40 - 45 per hour
2 - 3 days per week
We are delighted to be recruiting for a fantastic opportunity for a Governance Lawyer at a reputable Local Authority based in the South East on a locum part time basis.
Our Client is looking for experienced lawyers to join their friendly team, working varied caseloads across an initial 6 month contract with the view to extension. This is an excellent career step for candidates with governance experience. You will continually be stretched with challenging cases which will need your technical abilities and positive approach.
A Governance lawyer with local authority experience is highly preferable, however our client is willing to consider Governance lawyers from various backgrounds with transferable skills.
Duties for the Governance Lawyer include, but are not subject to:
- To keep abreast of legal developments in the field of Corporate Governance and ensure that the councils Corporate Governance team operates in accordance with modern good practice.
- To support the Head of Legal Partnership/Principal Lawyer (Corporate Governance and Contentious) in the delivery of the vision agreed by the Councils Board.
- Constitutional amendments within the local authority implemented and reviewed
- Scheme of delegation and large projects
- Working with standing orders on a daily basis
- Restructuring the structure of the councils Information governance
- Creating and preparing reports for the CEO
If you are interested, please apply immediately to be considered for short-listing. Alternatively, should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying, please do not hesitate to contact Zanub Najmi in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.