£45168 - £53964 per annum
17 days ago
Sellick Partnership are working with Thurrock Council to help them find a Governance Lawyer to join their team on a permanent contract.
We are delighted to be working with this excellent council exclusively on this great opportunity!
The salary for the permanent Governance Lawyer role is £45,168-53,964pa.
The Governance Lawyer will work directly with the Assistant Director of Law & Governance and will handle matters including:
- Members Standards and Conduct
- Act as Deputy Monitoring Officer as required
- Advise on Local Government Law
- Advise on the Council's constitution, as well as maintain and refreshing it
- Work on corporate projects, transformation and related governance
- Attend committees, panels, working parties and other meetings
- Prepare reports and legal implications
- Work with major corporate projects to mitigate risk and delay
This is a really interesting role with varied duties. The Governance Lawyer will enjoy the variety as well the collaborative nature of the position. As well as the greater security of a permanent role, further benefits offered by Thurrock Council include:
- 25-days annual leave, increases to 30-days after 5 years
- Local government pension scheme
- Relocation packages
- Interest-free loans for green travel such as bikes or public transport season tickets
- Salary sacrifice schemes such as childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes
- Maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave above the statutory minimum
- Employee assistance programme to provide support to employees both at and outside of work
- Flexible working to help balance work and personal life including job sharing, part-time working and home working
- Buying additional annual leave
- Career break scheme for up to 2 years
- Wide range of courses to support employee development
- Discounted rates for national restaurants, retailers, attractions and experience days
- Discounts with local suppliers including cycle, beauty and fashion stores, restaurants, estate agents and driving schools
- 24-hour health advice and support
The Governance Lawyer will be a qualified legal professional and will have local authority, or a similar public sector, experience. Some experience of governance is essential but Thurrock Council are happy to get someone on board who is newer to the area of law and keen to learn.
The role will be predominantly remote-working with office attendance as and when required, such as for committees or meetings.
The Thurrock Team are fantastic and this is an exciting time to join the team with the large-scale development projects and change in the area.
This is an unmissable opportunity to work with a great team, learning and progressing your career.
Applications for the role close on the 24th September. To apply we require a cover letter and detailed CV.
To get a copy of the JD and to discuss the role further, please get in touch with Mila Casaus in our Manchester Office.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.