West Midlands, England
£15 - £25 per hour + dependent on experience
6 months ago
Governance Officer required for an interim position at a Local Authority based in the Midlands.
The successful Governance Office will take on a varied workload, which may include:
- Advising officers and the public on the law and practice of governance processes
- Deputising for the Governance Manager in their absence
- Contributing to the initiation, development and maintenance of administrative procedures and practices governing the work of the Governance service
- Supporting in implementing and maintaining the electronic Committee management system
- Supporting the democratic services team
The Governance Officer will also be required to undertake the duties of committee administrator for Council Committee meetings and lead member meetings specifically in respect of:
- Arranging meetings, appeals, briefings and training sessions
- Preparation of agenda and reports
- Attending meetings
- Preparing minutes
- Carrying out follow up action
- Monitoring the Committee process
- Providing administrative support to the scrutiny process.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working as a Governance Officer, however, other candidates will be considered.
This is a full-time position and is to start immediately, for an initial period of 3 months but with the possibility of extension. There is some scope for flexible hours and home working.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Sara Robinson in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.