£26 - £35 per annum + + flexible working arrangements
11 months ago
4x Government Public Law Lawyers
£26 - 35 per hour
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 4 Public Law Lawyers to join a Central Government Legal Department in London for a minimum of 11 months. The successful candidate will be a qualified Lawyer (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent) and will have strong public law experience. The work available is very varied, reflecting the breadth of subject-matter policy responsibility and operational delivery covered by this Central Government Body. The advice the legal service provides ranges across all of the Ministry's business areas and can include delivery of a substantial programme of Primary and Secondary Legislation. The is also engaged in significant work on our future data protection relationship with the EU as well as significant work on trade agreement negotiations.
The ideal candidate for this Public Law Lawyer role will have:
- 3 years+ post qualified experience (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent)
- Strong legal experience in one of the below areas:
- Public Law (essential)
- Judicial Review (essential)
- Information Law (preferable)
- Experience drafting policy legislation would also be highly desirable.
The successful candidate for these Public Law Lawyer roles will be required to:
- Working in partnership with policy colleagues and the Judicial Office, the jobholder will provide advice to support policy development and operational delivery
- Drafting secondary legislation or instructing more experienced drafters
- Providing litigation support on high profile judicial reviews
- Working from home Exclusively with a view to flexible working from their Westminster office in the future
- Central Government role
- 11 month contract with likely extension based on performance
- £26-35 per hour
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Mark Bladen in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.