£43200 - £46150 per annum + parking pass, LG pension, holidays
2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are working exclusively with a forward thinking and developing Local Authority to recruit for a Group Accountant ito head up the Revenue team. This role is vital to the financial structure, and will support the delivery of a comprehensive finance service, with particular focus on providing advice and analysis for all aspects of revenue planning, monitoring and accounting.
Key responsibilities of the Group Accountant:
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage the work of the Revenue Team in order to fulfil statutory obligations, maximise resources, and to support staff development
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage the budget preparation cycle for the General Fund Budget and Housing Revenue Account
- Supervise the preparation and compilation of the Statement of Accounts/Summary Statement of Accounts/other Statutory documentation
- Provide financial advice and technical guidance, together with innovative financial solutions and strategies in order that informed and timely decisions can be made by officers and Members
- Provide high-level financial analysis and interpretation of data and create, develop and provide solutions to financial problems, making appropriate recommendations
The successful Group Accountant will:
- Be a CCAB qualified accountant
- Hold sound financial management and budgetary control skills
- Have experience of working in a Public Sector financial environment with specific experience of budget setting and monitoring and the closure of accounts process
- Have excellent staff management and motivation skills
This role is an excellent opportunity for a Group Accountant to work with a leading Local Authority during a hugely exciting time. There are great, upcoming projects taking place and it's a great chance to aid the development of both the Council and the City.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.