£40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus scheme and benefits
4 months ago
Our client is a growing Financial Services business in the Warrington area. Due to continued success and expansion, they are looking to recruit a Group Accountant to take the lead on financial accounting.
Reporting directly to the Senior Financial Accountant, this role will best suit a newly qualified Financial Accountant as a large bulk of the role is helping to ensure the firms' accounting is compliant with accounting standards.
The Group Accountant will work within an exciting Change & Transformation environment, and will take responsibility for the following duties:
- Reviewing new transactions to ensure compliance with IFRS
- Ensuring the accounting team understand the transactions and how to process them
- Playing a pivotal part in the Groups' consolidation and audit
- Preparation of monthly consolidated accounts and cash flow under IFRS
- Complex balance sheet reconciliations
- Developing financial position papers for important accounting transactions, which will be presented to the senior management team and external audititors
- Drafting new disclosures for Group and entity financial statements
- Implementing and updating internal process, policy and control documents
As the role is centric around Financial Accounts, the Group Accountant will need to have the following skillset:
- Newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with audit and/or practice background
- Detailed accounting standards knowledge (in particular IFRS 2, 9, 10 & 15)
- Hands on approach with ability to understand complex transactions from a commercial perspective
- Financial Services experience desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable personality with the ability to work in an ever-changing environment
This is a unique opportunity for a newly qualified accountant with an interest in working in a high-growth, expanding business to join a high-performing team of well-established accountants on a permanent basis.
The company offers clear career progression, a strong benefits package and a collaborative company culture.
If you believe your background meets the criteria, please apply with a copy of your CV.
Note, we receive a high volume of applications and are unable to respond to each CV we receive.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.