Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£39000 - £44000 per annum
5 months ago
My client is looking to recruit a Senior Accountant to strengthen their team during a busy period of transformation. This is a Fixed Term Contract for 12 months based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of adult and or children's social care and will be able to make an immediate impact supporting with budget monitoring, development of savings plans and budget setting, supporting transformation projects and developing management information.
- Capital and balance sheet transactions in accordance with accounting standards and legislation
- Assist the Principal Accountant in the planning and development of accounting and financial services and systems within their span of control and influence
- Assist in the provision of financial advice and guidance for financial planning
- Provide advice and guidance on financial management and accounting issues to Heads of Service, Managers and Budget Holders
- Assist the Principal Accountant in managing finance staff and associated resources
You should have demonstrable experience of working with financial systems and management reporting in a complex organisation, strong analytical and technical skills and also have the ability to analyse and interpret and give financial advice on complex financial information and proposals. It would be beneficial to have an understanding of the public sector, ideally local government.
If you are interested, please contact Helen Dodds at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.