Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £43000 per annum + 15% Bonus, Pension
4 months ago
Great opportunity for a Practice trained ACA to make their first move into industry and join a truly fantastic business with an excellent culture. A FTSE listed organisation that has grown even during Covid, they generate in excess of £1billion in sales and have a Group Finance function of over 60 professionals in Manchester.
As a Group Financial Accountant, you'll be reporting to the Group Financial Planning and Reporting Manager, and will be responsible for the delivery of the Group's internal and external financial accounting and reporting matters, including liaison with the Group's external auditors and advisors. Duties will include;
* Preparing Group and subsidiary accounts under IFRS and FRS 101 including interim reporting
* Supporting and liaising with external and internal auditors, as the Group's key day-to-day audit contact for the interim and year-end financial reporting process
* Drafting papers for Auditors, Board and Audit Committee, including Goodwill and Going Concern
* Supporting the Group on financial accounting standards and emerging issues and ad hoc projects
* Co-ordination of group reporting information from subsidiary companies and preparing Group consolidation
* Supporting the preparation of the Group section of finance board pack
* Business planning and reforecasting support including preparation of board papers
* Support the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
* Preparation of balance sheet, cash flow and working capital analysis for board reporting and investor relations
* Preparation of covenant compliance reporting including submission to banks
* Point of contact for day to day financial accounting queries for divisional teams
The successful applicant will ideally be working within a Top 10 Practice firm and have gained experience auditing large clients ideally under IFRS standards. You will be looking for an exciting career in a dynamic, fast paced environment that values a work life balance. You will be an ambitious individual looking to develop and progress your career further as there is real scope to push on within the organisation. Strong presentational skills and the ability to prepare and present papers to the leadership team including divisional Finance Directors CFO. Experience in managing multiple projects to deadlines. Proven stakeholder engagement in a matrix organisational structure, and ability to establish credibility both technically and behaviorally.
In return you will benefit from a supporting environment and management structure. A package between £40000 and £43000 DOE as well as 15% Bonus, Pension, Private Healthcare and Life Insurance.
Please do not hesitate to contact Martin today should this role sound of interest. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.