Sellick Partnership are currently representing a global business in their search for a Group Financial Accountant. The business that we're working alongside are currently going through an extensive period of change and require an interim candidate to fit into an already well established and growing finance function. The business have won a number of awards for their working practices and have highly developed systems that assist the finance function to deliver the value add to the wider business. With extensive visibility and contact with the executive team the Group Financial Accountant will play a pivitol role in the delivery of the financial accounts for a number of the business units across the group.
Lasting for a minimum of 12 months the Group Financial Accountant will play a pivitol role in the production and delivery of the group accounts. Reporting directly into the Group Consolidation Manager the interim will be responsible for the following areas:
- Assisting with the consolidation of half and full year group results
- Preparation of full year and and half year consolidated account
- Working alongside and assisting auditors with all queries
- Preparation of subsidiary company financial accounts
- Assist with all forecasting, budgeting and liaising with key stakeholders across the group regarding potential queries
- Responsible for providing technical accounting support to key stakeholders
- Assist with implementing process improvements across the reporting function
- Oversee group intercompany reconciliation process
The successful interim will be ACA or ACCA qualified and will have exceptionally strong technical reporting experience. The interim will have had prior experience of working within a group function and will be well versed in preparing statutory accounts under IFRS. Strong communication skills are key as the interim will be liaising with individuals across the business and assisting with an array of accounting issues. Ideally the individual will have had exposure to multi currency consolidations and will be available to start work at relatively short notice. The interim will be able to work as part of a technically strong team and will be expected to bring new ideas and improvements into the role.