Manchester, Greater Manchester
£425 - £500 per day
about 2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently working with a growing organisation in their search for an interim Financial Controller. Reporting directly into the FD the business seeks a technically strong, hands on interim who's able to guide an organisation (with multiple entities) through a complex year end process. The organisation that we're representing are highly profitable and are already market leaders in their niche sector. The business have a strong brand, exceptional backing and ambitions to surpass their short and medium term growth targets. With an exceptionally strong senior management team in place the interim will gain unparalleled levels of exposure and will be given the opportunity to bring real 'value add' to the organisation.
Lasting for a minimum of 6 months the Financial Controller will primarily be responsible for managing the group reporting function for a number of legal entities across the UK and Europe.
Specific aspects of the role include
- Delivery of the regulatory and statutory reporting requirements for the organisation
- In line with IFRS deliver the year end close down and report results to the executive team
- Preparation of the consolidated accounts across the group
- Develop key financial controls and improving internal processes across the reporting function
- Deliver key finance projects and participate fully in cross-functional and organisation-wide projects, to ensure their delivery to time, budget and specification
- Build, maintain and develop strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Manage all aspects of the external audit process and resolve any queries
- Oversee group intercompany reconciliation processes
- Lead and manage the Financial Reporting Team of 6 qualified accountants
- Assist with implementing process improvements across the reporting function
The successful interim will be CCAB qualified and will have exceptionally strong technical reporting experience. The interim will have had prior experience of working within a group function and will be well versed in preparing statutory accounts under IFRS. Strong communication skills are key as the interim will be business partnering with a range of individuals and assist with an array of accounting issues. The interim will have had exposure to completing group consolidations and will be available to start work at short notice. The ability to lead a team of qualified accountants, improve internal controls / processes and drive initiatives are critical for the role.