Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £65000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Group Head of Financial Accounting and Reporting
Sellick Partnership are recruiting on behalf of an established Greater Manchester based client, for a Group Head of Financial Accountant and Reporting to take responsibility for the production and management of management and statutory accounts. To ensure robust financial management and that all financial obligations and requirements are met, reflecting best accounting practices and full compliance with legal and accounting requirements. This role would also be responsible for Treasury mgmt.
Day to day duties of this role include:
- To develop and manage financial systems and processes in order to support the business requirements.
- To manage timely and accurate preparation of consolidated management accounts and other appropriate financial management information
- To manage the monthly close process and to ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled and reviewed.
- To manage the year end process, ensuring that year end timetable deadlines are met and year end statutory accounts are free from material misstatements.
- To provide lead liaison with External Auditors to ensure an efficient external audit process
- To produce annual statutory financial statements for all operating companies and consolidated accounts, ensuring that all legal and financial obligations are fully met.
- To oversee fixed assets recording and reporting including approving treatment of expenditure such as capital and calculating depreciation.
- To be the main point of contact with key financial stakeholders including internal, banks
- To be responsible for maintaining the bank mandate and act as administrator for online banking systems and related software.
- To liaise with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to ensure required operational financial input into projects and initiatives is provided.
- To define, develop and lead on the implementation of efficient financial processes and control for sound financial management and control, ensuring efficient processes are developed to reduce time taken on production of management accounts to meet deadlines without compromising quality and robustness of accounts
- To lead on the development of financial accounting policies and procedures and contribute to the development of other finance policies and procedures.
- To forecasting cash requirements, ensuring robust cash management within the businesses through debt management and setting of credit limits for commercial activities and highlighting areas of risk both adverse and favourable to the cash position.
- To effectively manage and develop staff to ensure all legal, contractual and internal requirements are met.
- To lead and develop the financial reporting team
- Significant experience in finance with, at least, 5 years in a senior management role in similar size organisation or practice
- Experience of managing professional staff.
- Production of Management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, statutory accounts, ,
- Leading and managing accounting team to deliver production of month end accounts and Balance Sheet management.
- Wide and up to date accounting knowledge and application of accounting requirements under UKGAAP.
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to employ lateral and creative thinking to problem solving
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with both senior and junior staff.
- Excellent analytical, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Strong IT literacy especially Microsoft packages
- Expertise in production of management accounts, cash flow management,
- Ability to effectively manage and develop staff.
- Proficient in other MS Office Products with expertise in use of Excel
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Group Head of Financial Accounting and Reporting role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website