Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Group Indirect Tax Manager for a very successful and fast-growing service company based in South Manchester. Due to an internal promotion we are looking for an ambitious first or second time mover from practice or someone coming from a similar indirect tax background.
The purpose of the role is to lead a team of Indirect Tax Accountants to ensure accurate accounting and reporting of all indirect tax liabilities across the Group.
A full job specification is available on request but general duties will include:-
- Lead team of 4 indirect tax accountants and analysts, management of individual duties and setting strong example of performance, process improvement and high quality delivery of outputs.
- Development and implementation of continuous improvement plan to drive increased quality, efficiency and exceed customer expectations. In particular to ensure accurate and timely reporting and compliance as business requirements change
- Responsible for excise duty data collection, review, consolidation, preparation and payment of monthly duty liability for UK and Canada.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of accounting for excise duty in the general ledger. In particular the role is responsible for ensuring the period end close timetable is delivered on.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with all excise duty stakeholders (including terminals, RTFO & Stocks, Canada, Operations and Commercial teams)
- Reconciliation of stock movement data from independent sources to ensure duty accounting is reported accurately for all coastal terminals and completely in the general ledger in line with the business timetable.
- Reconciliation of purchase ledger to receipts data to ensure duty accounting for inland terminals is reported accurately and completely in the general ledger in line with the business timetable.
- Preparation, validation and submission of monthly and quarterly global VAT returns for all VAT registered group entities in compliance with the relevant regulations.
- Hosting regular workshops and in-house training courses for accountants to ensure the Indirect Tax team (including all other accountants) has a good understanding of industry tax rules and regulations.
- Audit lead with regards to HMRC's Generic Risk framework (GRF) program
- Liaison with the relevant key stakeholders within the business in a Group advisory role for indirect taxes
- Indirect Tax Consultant to external stakeholders
- Being the trusted expert on all financial aspects and to be ready to be called on as required by both finance colleagues and the wider business.
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a first rate academic record making your first/second move from practice (Top10) or coming from a similar role within commerce and industry.
You will have extensive management experience with the gravitas to lead qualified ambitious accountants. Have excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and high level of numeracy coupled with strong communicational skills to be able to develop trusting and credible relationships at all levels of the business
You will be flexible and adaptable, understand the overall goals of the team and actively seek to help achieve them. Ambitious, enthusiastic and looking to progress within a reputable and fast moving organisation. Complex duty and VAT processes as well as advance Excel skills are essential.
This role requires an ambitious proactive individual who has excellent technical tax knowledge with strong interpersonal, communication, numerical and analytical skills.
You will have the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external finance/non finance stakeholders. You will be highly IT literate, especially on Excel and have accuracy and attention to detail.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.