Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
about 2 months ago
- To become the main point of contact for queries from customers and suppliers.
- Reviewing requests for the purchase of goods, services and works via eProcurement, ensuring compliance with internal and external procedures and regulations.
- Reviewing and processing requests for goods and services via online payment methods, ensuring compliance with the organisation's procedures and regulations.
- Maintaining supplier data and reviewing all new suppliers proposed by internal customers prior to setting up in the finance system
- To support the category management process by analysis of spend by category to enable new tenders to be created and the further consolidation of suppliers to take place in advance of the installation of a new Purchase to Pay system.
- Supporting with trend analysis to ensure value for money by running reports and sharing data across the Group.
- Maintaining supplier data and create checks for new suppliers proposed by internal customers prior to setting up in the finance system.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Negotiating with internal customer and external suppliers around all aspects of the procurement process.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers to provide status updates and guidance on organisational procedures to ensure compliance with internal and external procedures and regulations, including conducting research for suitable tender routes.
- Supporting the organisation in the correct use of the Group's eProcurement and eTendering systems.
- Assist with the development of tenders and the drafting/review of documentation.
- The maintain the Dynamic Purchasing System IT platform.
- To evaluating mini competitions applications submitted on the Dynamic Purchasing System platform to Award stage.
- Support the Group Procurement Apprentice who currently supports transactional activity and incoming purchase requests.
- Assist the management of Key Accounts such as Stationary, Books, Hair & Beauty products to identify savings for the Group.
- Management of Key Accounts such as Stationary, Travel Bookings, and St Johns Ambulance to identify savings for the Group.
- Review terms and conditions presented by Suppliers if required.
- Support the Group Procurement Apprentice.
- Deputise for Group Senior Procurement Officer.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties.