Greater Manchester, England
£40000 - £50000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a permanent Group Reporting Accountant for a leading reputable and long established financial services organisation based in Greater Manchester.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a pivotal role within the team, who will be responsible for the delivery of advice, guidance and challenge to Group Finance and the wider business on risk and control related matters and to report on such issues to the Financial Reporting Data & Control (FRDCF) Committee and other appropriate governance committees.
The successful candidate will gain excellent exposure to a variety of different business areas and the opportunity to gain an understanding of the whole business with regular exposure to senior stakeholders.
- Review end to end processes to ensure controls are designed effectively, identify control gaps and deficiencies,
- Perform testing of the design and operational effectiveness of controls,
- Provide day to day management support to senior stakeholders to ensure embedding across the business
- Support FRDCF Manager to maintain FRDCF Methodology and Standards and reporting controls issues and deficiencies,
- Ensuring data, reports and presentations are presented in a clear and professional manner to Audit Committee, Group Executive Committee, Disclosure Committee and Group Finance Director,
- Support the development and delivery of training, coaching and daily supervision to Group Finance and wider business,
- Ensure controls and tested, risks are understood, controlled and migrated and risk is reported and investigated in accordance with the Risk Event & Escalation process.
The successful applicant will be a fully qualified ACA/ ACCA/CIMA Accountant coming from the top4 and/or from a similar role, with experience in financial services (ideally insurance).
You will have strong knowledge and experience of control frameworks coupled with a proven record of questioning current practices and recommending/implementing alternative (efficient or correct) solutions. Therefore you must be confident to challenge with a view to making improvements and be able to influence peers and drive through change at this level, preferably having experience with technical stakeholders such as Actuaries.
Knowledge about proposed regulatory changes including IFRS II in so far as they impact financial reporting, Audit/SOX and IT controls testing experience would be beneficial.
It is essential the candidates applying for this role have excellent stakeholder management / business partnering skills with the ability to influence and build working relationships; coupled with strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues simply and effectively.
You must be able to work well under pressure and manage priorities and have good interpersonal skills with a confident ability to communicate results to senior managers and directors.
You will be able articulate complex or topical subject matter, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have vast experience in developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships, as well as a team player attitude.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.