Greater Manchester, England
£55000 - £65000 per annum
6 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a permanent Group Reporting Manager for a leading reputable and long established financial services organisation based in Greater Manchester.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a pivotal role within the team, who will be responsible for the delivery of advice, guidance and challenge to Group Finance and the wider business on risk and control related matters and to report on such issues to the Financial Reporting Data & Control (FRDCF) Committee and other appropriate governance committees.
The successful candidate will gain excellent exposure to a variety of different business areas and the opportunity to gain an understanding of the whole business with regular exposure to senior stakeholders. As Manager you will also help the team (2-4) develop its current offering to add further value to the business and Group Finance.
- Support, challenge and direct key stakeholders across the business in undertaking an assessment of controls.
- Responsible for owning the risks faced by their business area, managing the control framework and implementing and embedding all elements of the Risk Management System
- Clearly understands the link between the Group Strategy and the Risk Strategy & Appetite Framework
- Deliver business plans and operates within risk appetite
- Undertake stress test and scenario analysis to identify current and potential risks
- Ensures Emerging risks are identified and communicated through to the business
- Promote continuous improvement of processes and controls across Group Finance
- Provision of ad hoc support and input to Projects.
The successful applicant will be a fully qualified ACA/ ACCA/CIMA Accountant coming from the top4 and/or from a similar role, with experience in financial services (ideally insurance).
You will have strong knowledge and experience of control frameworks coupled with a proven record of questioning current practices and recommending/implementing alternative (efficient or correct) solutions. Therefore you must be confident to challenge with a view to making improvements and be able to influence peers and drive through change at this level, preferably having experience with technical stakeholders such as Actuaries.
It is essential the candidates applying for this role have excellent stakeholder management / business partnering skills with the ability to influence and build working relationships; coupled with strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues simply and effectively.
You must be able to work well under pressure and manage priorities and have good interpersonal skills with a confident ability to communicate results to senior managers and directors.
You will be able articulate complex or topical subject matter, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have vast experience in developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships, as well as a team player attitude.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.