Leeds, West Yorkshire
£80000 - £120000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are currently partnered with a startup Insurer as they seek to recruit a new Head of Actuarial to oversee all Reserving and Capital Modelling. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven Actuary with a strong Personal Lines background to make an instant impact within a nimble environment.
Responsibilities of the Head of Actuarial:
- Take responsibility for all Capital Modelling and Reserving
- Approve calculation of best estimate reserves and technical provisions
- Communicate output of actuarial work and quantification of reserve uncertainty to Board, regulators, auditors and other stakeholders
- Lead assessment of required regulatory and economic capital
- Provide specialist advice on the capital impact of proposed actions including reinsurance programmes and other capital efficiency initiatives
- Co-ordinate work with wider Finance and Risk community to project future solvency requirements and coverage
Experience and skills of the Head of Actuarial:
- You will be a qualified Actuary with 5 years of post-qualification experience
- Significant experience of general insurance personal lines reserving and capital management techniques
- Knowledge of Solvency II actuarial function requirements
- Significant business experience at a senior level
- Ability to formulate strategy and operational plans in line with customer, commercial and organisational strategy
Rewards and benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- 31 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Strong pension scheme
- Bonus up to 20%
- Family healthcare
- Other assorted benefits
This role reports directly to the CFO and will be 100% remote during the current period. Our client are open to flexible working patterns once normal service resumes.
For more information, please apply below with your CV or contact Charlie Christian on 0151 224 1480.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.