East Midlands, England
£75000 - £80000 per annum
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership have been tasked to recruiting a Head of Category Management for a successful and growing Public Sector organisation. Following on from a recent merger, the current workload has further developed and this is a new & crucial role in the organisation. This role gives the successful applicant the chance to add real value to the existing team at a crucial time in their immediate future.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Category Management:
- Develop, motivate and manage the Category Managers and Specialists across a diverse spend portfolio
- Develop and lead a strategic sourcing programme for all categories
- Taking lead on specific/allocated portfolio of sourcing categories, and contributing significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects within key markets
- Manage expenditure & identify and deliver significant improvement in value for money and customer satisfaction
- Ensure a detailed understanding of the expenditure within each category (specifically in regards to the suppliers, the products and services)
- Overall monitoring of supplier and company performance, and consistently seeking ways to optimise new & existing contracts
- Support and drive the strategic direction of the organisation via communication with Senior Staff
- Support the Director of Procurement to create organisational excellence in procurement and purchasing
The successful Head of Category Management will:
- Be MCIPS qualified
- Have significant senior, commercial procurement experience (construction/property advantageous)
- Have significant experience in liaising with senior and difficult stakeholders
- Have substantial knowledge and experience of procurement policy and practice, including relevant legislations (OJEU, etc)
- Be an outstanding leader with the ability to motivate and drive success throughout an organisation
- Be willing and able to travel in between separate sites on a weekly basis
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to make a huge impact on an already successful team, and really lay down a marker within this new role. You will be joining the organisation at a crucial and exciting time, with further growth and development on the horizon.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.