Head of Corporate Governance
South East England, England
£64000 - £85000 per annum
0161 834 1642
Head of Corporate Governance
Hybrid remote working with great flexibility
Salary: £64,000 - £84,974 per annum
A Fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Head of Corporate Governance for a Public Sector organisation within the South East on a permanent basis.
Our Client is looking for an experienced lawyer to join their robust team and to really bring about a change and bring a different perspective within the organisation whilst managing the 3 teams within Governance. This is a great career step. You will continually be stretched with challenging cases/projects which will need your technical abilities and positive approach.
The role holder will manage and lead a team to ensure delivery of corporate governance activities in support of the organisations strategic objectives and corporate strategy. The role holder will maintain and continually develop the governance framework in pursuit of excellence against corporate governance and Government principles.
Our client is willing to consider Governance lawyers from various backgrounds ranging from Local Authority, Private Practice, Regulatory bodies etc
Duties for the Head of Corporate Governance Lawyer include but are not subject to:
- Be accountable for maintenance and ongoing improvement of corporate governance policy and framework
- Lead the organisations corporate governance function, setting clear objectives for each team, managing and monitoring performance and reporting as required
- Ensure the provision of high quality support, advice and management and governance excellence at the organisations Board, Determinations Panel, Exco and their sub-committees
- Provide oversight and continuous improvement of the governance structure within the organisation and how this fits into Government
- Ensure the provision of high quality PA support to Executive Directors and Directors
- Promote continual learning across the organisation on governance best practice including key processes
- Be accountable for making decisions within complaints work, permissions to deal and internal staff whistleblowing work.
- Be accountable for maintenance of staff conflicts framework
- Be accountable for external relationships with governance bodies, including DWP and Cabinet Office
- Be accountable for accurate and timely external returns, compliance documents and audit trail
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to excellent governance
- Leadership and management skills
- Ability to delegate, prioritise and use initiative
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate complex matters to all levels and to multiple stakeholders both written and oral
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to productively work with others, including those more senior
- Fantastic Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
If you are interested, please apply immediately to be considered for short-listing and for the full Job Description. Alternatively, should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying, please do not hesitate to contact Zanub Najmi in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.