Greater Manchester, England
£90000 - £110000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Head of Finance (Cost Management)
Salary: £90,000 - £110,000
Location: Greater Manchester
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a permanent Head of Cost Management for a leading reputable and long established financial services organisation based in Greater Manchester.
This excellent opportunity has arisen due to a restructure and internal promotion and this pivotal role within the team will be responsible for initiating and delivering improvements across Group Finance that enables it to become more efficient and effective.
You will be tasked to manage a team of 20 and to drive cost behaviours across the Group and seek to develop and provide insight which helps to drive the business in the right direction. The role will bring together cost management and cost allocations and look to improve the interaction between this and value that can be added in this space.
The successful candidate will gain excellent exposure to a variety of different business areas and the opportunity to gain an understanding of the business with regular exposure to senior stakeholders.
- Leading the Cost Management team:responsible for oversight and challenge of function spend and cost control across the business
- Encourage a culture of cost control, emphasising its importance when interacting with business stakeholders and taking personal ownership of driving this change in behaviours across the Group
- Ensure cost drivers and allocations challenged and appropriate for the relevant purpose
- Responsible for the insight from the movement of allocations for the business plan and valuation expenses, using this to drive appropriate business behaviour.
- Drive innovation and future scalability in the Cost Management team
- Identify areas of improvement across the cost management team, making sure that processes are optimised
- Act as a day to day contact for senior Finance and Business stakeholders for key cost management issues, in support of the Finance Business Partners
- Provide financial leadership, relevant insight and challenge in determining and delivering the strategic cost strategies
- As part of the Business Finance management team, foster a knowledge sharing culture across the teams and wider function whilst shaping and elevating the team to the position of trusted advisor to the Business
The successful applicant will be a fully qualified ACA/ ACCA/CIMA Accountant either making their first move from a top4 firm and/or from a similar role, with experience in financial services.
You will have strong knowledge and experience of cost control (tailored to different audiences) with a proven record of questioning current practices and recommending/implementing alternative (efficient or correct) solutions.
You will be able to present and articulate complex analysis in a clear, understandable manner and to create, develop, communicate and implement creative strategies to support the company's long-term vision
Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to shape, lead and successfully manage large teams is essential coupled with great communication skills, both face-to-face and report writing including the ability to present complex information clearly and accurately. The ability to communicate in a professional and influential manner with colleagues, senior Executives and managers, committees and to third parties is a must. Therefore you must be confident to challenge with a view to making improvements and be able to influence peers and drive through change.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 72 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.