£300 - £400 per day
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting to a Head of Finance role, working for a housing association in Manchester.
You will be actively involved in the following:
- Lead and inspire the Finance & Business Excellence Team to ensure that comprehensive and timely financial controls are applied across the Group.
- Employ effective financial and risk management to ensure the Group complies with regulatory and relevant standards and provides Value for Money.
- Ensure effective treasury management for the Group.
- Support the development and appraisal of projects to effectively and viably deliver MSV's Strategic Growth Plan.
- Partner other managers and teams to deliver corporate objectives through the development of excellent and efficient processes and systems.
- Embrace the values and ethos of MSV to develop and implement appropriate strategies to effect best practice in all areas of community, diversity, access and inclusion.
- Deputise for the Executive Director of Finance and Business Excellence as required.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Finance role:
- Lead the Finance & Business Excellence Team effectively and within budget, ensuring that staff are recruited, trained, managed, appraised and developed in accordance with the Group's values and policies.
- Develop, implement and apply systems, policies, procedures and reporting to ensure effective financial control and performance across the Group as it integrates, grows and diversifies.
- Service Boards, Committees, Executives and Managers by presenting relevant reports to inform on performance against targets.
- Lead on the delivery and continuous improvement of long term financial planning including strategic cash flow forecasts, options appraisals and sensitivity testing to assess and ensure financial viability, and to test growth and development opportunities.
- Lead in the preparation of appropriate budget schedules, estimates and other information, and ensure that budgets are effectively managed and monitored to deliver the Group's aims.
- Lead on the preparation and reporting of monthly management accounts ensuring all reconciliations are properly carried out.
- Lead the Group's annual accounts process to ensure compliance with all statutory, tax and regulatory requirements, liaising with the Group's auditors to ensure timely completion of the annual audit.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and implement the Treasury Strategy and to refinance funding when necessary.
- Monitor the Group's cash flows and investments to ensure funds are properly managed and cash requirements identified on a timely basis.
- Manage the loan portfolio, submitting returns and monitoring loan covenants for funders, managing borrowings to minimise interest cost and ensuring appropriate asset security cover.
- Work collaboratively on project teams, advising on finance, assisting with information and progressing the project as appropriate.
- Ensure effective strategic business and financial advice is provided and acted upon across all major delivery initiatives.
- Appraise the impact and financial viability of development and investment programmes, developments and projects at feasibility stage.
- Monitor the financial performance of projects underway, develop measures and report on outcomes.
Experience and Track Record
- Proven track record of achievement in a senior management role leading, developing, motivating and managing a professionally qualified finance team to deliver all aspects of the corporate finance service in a complex organisation.
- Experience of managing financial compliance within accounting standards and financial regulations.
- Experience of effectively setting and managing budgets and resources.
- Experience of successful business planning to deliver corporate objectives.
- Experience of risk assessment of development or project appraisals.
- Experience of working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to drive organisational change and development.
- Evidence of co-ordinating and demonstrating the importance of value for money.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise effectively to meet changing needs.
- Effective financial management, planning and budgetary control skills.
- Experience of cash flow management and treasury operations.
- Sound understanding of financial controls, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of housing association finance and regulations.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced use of Excel, knowledge and use of finance and feeder systems, relevant processes, dependencies and interfaces.
- Ability to analyse complex data to produce reports and deliver information to a range of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills to enable effective communication in a variety of settings.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Financial Accountant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.