Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £51000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Head of Finance
Sellick Partnership are recruiting on behalf of a local education organisation for a permanent Head of Finance position. In this role you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive, high quality and professional financial management and control service to the group. The post-holder will act as a key adviser on financial issues, and will play a significant role in ensuring systems and processes to enhance services provided to stakeholders.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Finance:
- Overseeing the team, ensuring the ongoing development of the team through effective performance reviews and personal development plans
- Supporting the financial performance monitoring process, liaising closely with the budget managers to support the delivery of the annual budget and delivery of the financial objectives and targets
- Producing the monthly management accounts, including cash flow, detailed variance analysis and financial report and you will be responsible for ensuring the monthly management accounts are provided to all budget holders
- Prepare the draft statutory financial statements and working papers at the financial year end for review by the Finance Director
- Assist the Finance director in the management and coordination pof external audit activities across the year, including the yearend audit
- Maintain the asset register and ensure all appropriate recording of capital purchases within the financial system in line with accounting policies
- Ensure the ongoing enhancement and development of the Financial Accounts Systems and related processes, and to improve the efficiency of the finance function
- Maintain statutory records and prepare returns and submissions relating to the finances and transactions as required
It is essential that you have prior experience of working in either a Further Education or Higher Education or a Multi Academy Trust organisation previously.
Required skills and experience of the Head of Finance:
- CCAB qualified
- Prior experience of working in either a Further Education or Higher Education or a Multi Academy Trust organisation previously.
- Recent experience of managing finances in the public or third sector
- Production of budgets and forecasts within an organisation with multiple and complex funding streams
- Costing business cases for review by senior management
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Head of Finance role, please apply now
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.