Salford, Greater Manchester
£51000 - £60000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership have been engaged to actively recruit for a Head of Finance, working for an established educational organisation, based within Greater Manchester. The main purpose of the role is to manage and lead the finance team, in providing a comprehensive, high quality and professional financial management and control service. The post-holder will act as key adviser on financial issues, and will play a significant role in ensuring effective financial stewardship and seeking opportunities to improve systems and processes to enhance services provided to stakeholders. The post-holder will need to be proactive in managing finances to support the organisation to achieve its strategic objectives.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Finance:
- To oversee and manage the finance department and team.
- To ensure the ongoing development of the finance team, and be responsible for motivating and encouraging their development through effective performance reviews and personal development plans.
- To lead and develop a customer focused finance service which meets the business needs, enhancing services to all stakeholders, and developing KPIs against which to monitor activities and performance
- To ensure that financial policies and procedures are adhered to
- To lead the financial performance monitoring process, liaising closely with budget managers to support the delivery of the annual budget and delivery of the financial objectives and targets
- To produce the draft monthly management accounts, including cash flow, detailed variance analysis and financial report, for subsequent review by the Director of Finance
- To be responsible for ensuring monthly management accounts are provided to all budget holders, and that financial information is shared and communicated appropriately across the organisation
- To prepare the draft statutory financial statements and working papers at the financial year end for review by the Director of Finance
- To manage operational treasury management and banking arrangements, and pro-actively manage and forecast working capital and cash to ensure that the organisation has sufficient resources to meet the needs of the business in line with the financial objectives, and provide regular updates to the Director of Finance on the cash position
- To ensure the ongoing enhancement and development of the Financial Accounts Systems and related processes, and to improve the efficiency of the finance function
- To maintain statutory records and prepare returns and submissions relating to the organisation's finances and transactions as required, including but not limited to: HMRC, ESFA, pension agencies
Required skills and experience of the Head of Finance:
- Qualified as a full member of a main (CCAB / CIMA) accounting body e.g. ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, CIPFA
- Recent and significant experience of managing finances in a complex organisation.
- Management of a finance department including the areas listed in the job description
- A record of strong financial management and promoting financial control and compliance in a complex organisation, whilst developing a customer-focused service
- Production of budgets and forecasts within an organisation with multiple and complex funding streams
- Preparation, production and presentation of statutory annual accounts / financial statements, and management of auditor relations
- Developing a finance team and its constituent parts, and managing change to meet business needs
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate and inspire others to perform to the best of their abilities.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Head of Finance role, please apply now
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.