£41000 - £44000 per annum + DOE
11 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Not for Profit organisation based on the Wirral for a Head of Finance. Reporting to the current Finance Director your role will be to oversee the small accounts function:
As Head of Finance, the main aims of the role will be:
- To produce timely monthly management accounts and prepare statutory accounts and budgets.
- Be responsible for maintaining, developing and implementing efficient financial procedures and reporting to ensure the accuracy of all financial and payroll information.
- To deal with all aspects of the Charity's treasury management.
- Prepare VAT returns and maintain knowledge of VAT rules for charities.
- To ensure the smooth running of the finance department and line manage the finance team.
- Membership of Leadership team
As Head of Finance you will have the following skill set:
- Detailed knowledge and experience of accounting principles
- Accountancy qualification( ACA, ACCA,CIMA) or similar qualification
- Good knowledge of financial budgeting, forecasting, control and planning experience
- Knowledge and practical experience of Accountancy and payroll systems( preferably SAGE and Access)
- Excellent Excel skills and knowledge of data bases
- Knowledge of VAT and how the rules apply to charities
- Knowledge of payroll legislation
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing at all levels
- Display initiative and ability to work on own
- Good interpersonal skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Finance to join a renowned Not for Profit organisation that adds real value across the region. This role offers a real opportunity to move into a role on the executive team within 18 months.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Head of Finance role, please apply now, or contact Abigail Day at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.