Head of Finance
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £70000 per annum
0113 243 9775
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Head of Finance for a not for profit client, based within Greater Manchester. The successful candidate will manage and lead the finance team in providing a comprehensive, high quality and professional financial management, accounting and control service. The post-holder will act as key adviser on financial issues, and will play a significant role in ensuring effective financial stewardship and seeking opportunities to improve systems and processes to enhance services provided to stakeholders. The post-holder will need to be proactive in managing finances to support the organisation to achieve its strategic objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- To play a key and proactive role within the Leadership Team, and support the Chief Financial Officer and Senior Leadership Team to achieve the strategic aims and ambitions
- To ensure the ongoing development of the finance team, and be responsible for motivating and encouraging their development through effective performance reviews and personal development plans
- To lead and develop a customer focused finance service which meets the business needs, enhancing services to all stakeholders, and developing KPIs against which to monitor activities and performance
- To work closely with the Leadership Team and all budget holders, and to provide a high-quality financial management, support and advice service to colleagues, ensuring that appropriate financial controls are in place and accurate financial information is available at all times
- To lead the financial performance monitoring process, liaising closely with budget managers to support the delivery of the annual budget and delivery of the financial objectives and targets
- To produce the draft monthly management accounts, including income and expenditure statement, balance sheet, cash flow, detailed variance analysis and financial report, for subsequent review by the Chief Financial Officer
- To lead the development of the annual budget, forecasts and financial plan, to include the production of draft budgets and draft quarterly forecasts, and to liaise with budget managers and the Senior Leadership Teams to ensure that plans effectively support the delivery of the strategic and curriculum plan
- To manage operational treasury management and banking arrangements, and pro-actively manage and forecast working capital and cash
- To ensure the ongoing enhancement and development of the Financial Accounts Systems and related processes, and to improve the efficiency of the finance function
- Qualified as a full member of a main (CCAB / CIMA) accounting body e.g. ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, CIPFA
- Recent and significant experience of managing finances in a complex organisation.
- Management of a finance department or team including the areas listed in the job description
- A record of strong financial management and promoting financial control and compliance in a complex organisation, whilst developing a customer-focused service
- A successful track record of financial reporting to senior management
- Production of budgets and forecasts within an organisation with multiple and complex funding streams
- Preparation, production and presentation of statutory annual accounts / financial statements, and management of auditor relations
- Utilising complex financial and other management information systems, and the ability to extract and present meaningful information and analysis
- Developing a finance team and its constituent parts, and managing change to meet business needs
- Costing business cases and developments for review by senior management
- Strong technical, financial and management accounting knowledge and skills
- Well-developed analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good presentational skills, and the ability to understand and explain complex matters to a non-finance audience
- Effective negotiating, influencing and persuading skills
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate and inspire others to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Excellent organisational skills, being able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work at under pressure and to time constraints, whilst maintaining accuracy
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A positive, solutions focussed approach
- Flexible team player
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a good understanding of strategic, commercial and operational activities and have a proven track record of influencing and working with stakeholders to deliver objectives. You will have sound judgment, tact, credibility, diplomacy and the ability to influence without dictating and challenge where necessary at all levels.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.