Hartlepool, County Durham
£43000 - £47000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are currently engaged in the recruitment of a Head of Finance and Procurement, to join a prestigious public sector organisation based in Hartlepool.
Our client provides the best service in the UK within its sector, and includes all employees in supporting the organisation to achieve its goals of a proud and passionate workforce. They are looking for a dedicated and committed individual to join their corporate services team.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Head of Finance and Procurement will ultimately to be responsible for Accountancy, Financial Management, Payroll and Procurement services and to ensure they are in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Manage the Finance and Procurement Team.
- Deliver the Finance and Procurement Internal Operating Plan
- Maintain and develop service standards and performance measures for the Finance, Payroll and Procurement Services
- Analyse costs of Finance and Procurement services and ensure value for money, through comparison with other similar services.
- Professional qualification CCAB (Consultative Council of Accountancy Bodies), qualified CIPFA (Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy) preferred.
- Senior management experience across a range of finance disciplines.
- Experience of managing and leading a team with responsibility for both people and process preferably within a public sector or complex organisation.
- Experience of Revenue and Capital budget setting and management.
- Experience of producing statutory accounts.
- Understanding of modern public sector procurement and the national efficiency and procurement agendas.
- Understanding of financial regulations and statutory requirements.
- Knowledge of payroll, pension and insurance principles.
- Awareness of business concepts including risk, financial and performance management and organisational effectiveness.
- Ability to analyse financial data, identify trends, prepare reports and present information to a non-financial audience.
If you are interested in the position please apply, or contact Helen Dodds at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.