£47126 - £53219 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are working with a public sector organisation in the East Midlands to recruit an Assistant Head of Finance -
The Assistant Head of Finance duties will include:
- To ensure the financial performance is accurately reported to various committees and organisations in a timely manner
- To ensure financial systems and reporting mechanisms are appropriately developed and maintained to deliver accurate and robust information and reporting.
- To ensure timely delivery of the financial planning and annual accounts processes, supported by the wider team.
- To produce the monthly corporate management accounts and associated financial information, together with leading the financial planning and budget setting for these budgets.
- Undertake the day to day management and development of the Reporting and Control team and Corporate Management Accounts team in accordance with HR policies and procedures.
- Overall responsibility for appraisals, sickness absence, disciplinary matters, recruitment and selection and workload allocation
- Seek opportunities to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance Directorate, the services it provides and the standards of financial management and control
- Responsible for day to day management and development of the Reporting & Control team and Corporate Management Accounts team in accordance with HR policies & procedures. Responsible for appraisals, sickness absence, disciplinary matters, recruitment and selection and workload allocation
- Represent the senior team at key management and operational meetings where relevant to area of work
- Any other duties and ad-hoc support as required by the Assistant Director of Finance
The Assistant Head of Finance will be:
- CCAB qualified
- Experience of financial management
- Line management experience
- Project and change management
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.