£100000 - £105000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Head of Finance Systems
Head of Finance Systems required to join a well-established insurance company based in Basingstoke. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Finance Systems Lead to join their dynamic and growing finance function within the Shared Service Centre on a full-time, permanent basis.
As the Head of Finance Systems you responsibility you will manage a team to deliver business support, systems analysis, reconciliations, testing, training and implementation of new developments into SAP Finance modules ensuring governance and controls alongside other duties below:
Key responsibilities of the Head of Finance Systems
- Manage and develop finance processes ensuring strategy and service supports business, legislative and operational requirements.
- Month and year-end system scheduling, processing and reporting.
- Data reconciliation.
- Monitoring of banner upgrades- reviewing features, enhancements and implementation.
- Finance communications and end to end use support resources.
- Lead in-house support team and manage triage process to IT consultants.
- Delivery of high volume, critical and complex business system implementations to SAP.
- Maximise financial automation within all developments.
- Work with SAP IT team to carry out periodic service reviews and co-ordinate change and project initiatives.
- Identify and respond to external and internal initiatives and changes.
- Initiative, review and implement improvements for financial processes.
- Ensure consistency of master data across system landscapes to support reliable MI.
- Accounting data analysis and manage SAP activities providing ongoing support and training for systems.
- Data verification and audit reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring the right level of skills within team and monitoring productivity and output.
Required skills and experience of the Head of Finance Systems
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified with experience in similar environment.
- Strong leadership ability with proven experience of leading and developing a team.
- Experience of managing Finance systems with complex and critical processes.
- Experience in development and operation of SAP Finance systems.
- Strong systems accounting background and understanding of end to end processes within SAP (particularly P2P, RTR OTC)
- Proven record of delivering change driving automation and control.
- Understanding of Corporate Finance and Banking including BACS, Direct Debits and Credit Card.
- Highly numerate with excellent communication skills and advanced knowledge of accounting principles, practices and controls.
- Ability to initiate, drive and manage change effectively.
- Ability to manage strict deadlines.
- Strong technical background and project management skills.
- Ability to interpret financial data and convert findings to actions.
- Creative thinker with ability to make positive change.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company with a fast-paced competitive culture with unrivalled opportunities.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Head of Finance Systems role, please apply now, or contact Chloe O'Brien at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website