East Midlands, England
£60000 - £73000 per annum + excellent holidays
4 months ago
6 months plus
Vacancy: Interim Head of Financial Accounting, Treasury and Tax
Duration: 6 months minimum
Location: work from home
Sellick Partnership have been engaged by a longstanding client to provide an interim Head of Financial Accounting, Treasury & Tax.
Our client is a successful, forward thinking and high profile organisation and the role has arisen due to a permanent vacancy at senior management team (SMT) level.
As a senior finance manager working as part of the SMT, you will play a major role in helping the finance department achieve its mission statement of 'being a leading-edge service provider, helping the organisation achieve its goals by providing quality advice on financial matters and implementing necessary financial strategies'. As a key SMT member your role will include contributing to planning, staff discussions and the staff wellbeing agenda etc.
With four experienced direct reports and an overall team of 18, you will lead the financial accounting, business appraisal and payroll specialisms, delivering an effective and compliant service through the provision of financial direction, control and advice to the organisation.
You will manage key external relationships including those relating to treasury, tax and audit matters including working with the organisations' new Treasury advisor, on:
- Significant activity for Revolving Credit Facility (RCF) and obtaining external funding for capital acquisitions/projects
- The development of a new Treasury Strategy including reviewing all current arrangements and making future proposals
- Liaison with existing and new financial partners on the implications for new funding as well as communication via the Finance Director with the Executive Board and through to Governing Council and its committees
Other significant deliverables will include:-
- Managing the external Tax advisor relations (alongside another member of SMT) to provide advice and direction on tax issues to the business
- Having oversight of year-end audit and production of statutory accounts
- Leading on the appraisal of and revenue projects across the organisation using appropriate techniques and planning and costing models; preparation of business plans in support of funding applications both internal and external
- Working on the key capital projects which require external funding
- Overseeing the collation of 3-year investment/capital planning for the Group (key team members are planning and producing the work)
- Providing periodic internal reports on projects, expenditures, balance sheet, cash, and treasury for all Group companies; assist in preparation of financial plans, budgets and forecasts; support delivery of the intended financial targets
- Leading on cash flow and treasury forecasting and reporting. Operating current cashflow model for existing plans and for budget and 5-year plans going forward
- Monitoring of key liquidity metrics and reporting, as part of the overall financial reporting, through to executive board and beyond
You will be a qualified accountant (or equivalent experience) with a proven track record in the above deliverables. Additionally, you will have a proven track record of influencing with the ability to present conclusions to support decision-making as well as experience of working with external stakeholders and as part of a collaborative, proactive SMT to deliver key objectives.
If you consider yourself to be a dedicated, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this senior finance post, then we would be pleased to hear from you.
Note, this is working from home and the latest start date is mid April, however end of March/ beginning of April is preferrable.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
If you do not hear from us within 72 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.