£450.00 - £550.00 per day
about 1 month ago
Head of Financial Services
£450 to £550 DOE
Head of Financial Services required to join an NHS organisation on a full-time, long-term interim basis with the opportunity to work fully remote. Working as part of a national project team, you will provide highly complex, sensitive, and contentious financial information to programme staff from financial and non-financial backgrounds.
This role ensures development of internal financial control policies and procedures and reports directly to the Senior Leadership Team alongside other duties below:
Key responsibilities of the Head of Financial Services
- Managing the day-to-day accounting operations of the Programme.
- To lead the month end process for financial accounts and reporting to external agencies, and to lead the production of the final accounts.
- Ensuring that the Programme maintains a strong financial control.
- Lead continuous improvement in the accounting service and transactions teams.
- Owning compliance with regulations and liaising with advisors and auditors.
- Contribute to the short, medium, and long-term planning process with particular responsibility for working capital.
- Provide advice on highly complex financial and corporate issues to non-financial managers.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of monthly statutory returns, including reports on the Programme's compliance with statutory financial duties and targets.
- Work with team members on the month end financial reporting.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of annual and year end statutory returns, including the agreement of balances exercise and reports on the Programme's compliance with statutory financial duties and targets including for capital spend.
- Work closely with external audit to provide relevant information.
- Provide strong visible leadership for the MI and transactions team.
- Promote a culture of proactive use of project management skills and techniques throughout the department.
Required skills and experience of the Head of Financial Services
- A proven track record in a recent similar role as interim Head of Financial Services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- CCAB qualified or equivalent
- NHS experience
This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside a dynamic Senior Leadership team in a challenging role that will add real value to a national NHS programme. The role offers fully remote working.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Head of Financial Services role, please apply now, or contact Olivia Lawrenson at Sellick Partnership.
The closing date is Friday 3rd June. We will be reviewing CVs on a daily basis and all relevant candidates will be contacted.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.