East of England, England
8 months ago
Head of Governance and Monitoring Officer is required to join an established, growing Local Authority based in Essex.
This is an excellent opportunity to lead a small, but busy Council on their interesting projects; whilst ensuring that the Council maintains effective coportate governance and support the business with any other duties as required.
Governance and Monitoring Officer duties
- Lead and manage tge Givernance and Members, Legal, Elections and Local land charges teams
- To implement the effective discharge of the statutory role of Monitoring Officer, and to promote high standards of ethical behaviour
- To lead, guide and advise members both individually and collectively regarding their ehtical relationship with the Council and the Community
- To support, contirubute and comply with quality and governance procedures as directed by management
- To ensure that the Council maintains effective corporate governance and that actions and transactions remain lawful
Essential knowledge and experience
- Experience of the Monitoring Officer role
- Experience of successful project management
- Evidence of strong knowledge relating to legal, financial and political workings of local government
This role is full time, however flexible working is on offer to the successful candidate e.g. working from home, condensed hours.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Leah Edgar in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.