8 months ago
Role: Head of Health and Safety
Location: Devon - Flexible working
Duration: 2-3 months
Sellick Partnership are seeking a Head of Health and Safety on behalf of a large and successful Public Sector organisation in Devon.
As a Head of Health and Safety you will:
- Provide expert advice, support, training and leadership on all aspects of Health and Safety
- Lead the Health and Safety team to ensure that appropriate plans are in place
- Be an active member of the Human Resources & Organisational Development management team and work across all disciplines to support and encourage matrix working
- Represent the Council's Health and Safety function at external meetings, steering groups and seminars
- Work closely with the Head of Culture and Employee Engagement, Trade Unions, HR Culture Partners Head of HR Consultancy, HR Consultants and L&D Consultant to protect the workforce and mitigate any risks
- Lead and develop of Health and Safety programmes, utilising appropriate Interventions
- Lead and monitor Health and Safety training compliance data, escalating areas of concern to relevant internal stakeholders
The successful Head of Health and Safety will:
- Have in-depth knowledge and understanding of laws, regulations and guidance that apply to health and safety, with experience of advising on compliance
- Have in-depth knowledge and understanding of relevant statutory duties and functions provided by local authorities
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, motivate and empower others to high performance and foster a positive working environment
- Have experience of successfully dealing with complex and sensitive situations at both an individual and organisational levels in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Have the Ability to coach the team, develop and motivate them in delivering excellent results through Health and Safety interventions
- Have experience of negotiating contracts and agreements with senior management
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Jessi Pabla at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.