East Midlands, England
£55600 - £63000 per annum
15 days ago
Head of Health, Safety and Wellbeing
Salary: £55,600 - £63,100 D.O.E
Location: East Midlands
We are currently recruiting an experienced NEBOSH qualified Head of Health, Safety and Wellbeing on behalf of a large not for profit organisation.
This is a strategic role whereby the post holder will lead and shape the direction of the health, safety and wellbeing agenda.
- Lead the Health, Safety and Wellbeing function by maintaining a clear framework; promoting an excellent safety culture.
- Develop the competence of the organisation through identifying and coordinating staff training and development.
- Lead on Health and Safety governance. Responsible for ensuring the organisation is legal and regulatory compliant.
- Create and maintain positive and effective relationships with external stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
- Lead, develop and implement the Health, Safety and Wellbeing strategies across the organisation.
- Create strategies to promote and increase employee and stakeholder engagement at all levels.
- Ensure processes are uptodate and fit for purpose.
- Monitor and evaluate performance through the use of business intelligence. Conducting and reporting on key metrics.
- Create and maintain an accurate health and safety register.
- Ensure high hazard events and business critical processes are managed effectively. Ensuring staff, contractors and stakeholders participate, understand and comply with relevant requirements.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- NEBOSH diploma in occupational Health and Safety.
- Chartered membership of IOSH.
- Substantial experience of leading and directing a team of occupational health and safety and compliance professionals (including fire safety, asbestos, construction and business continuity)
- Experience of developing strategy and culture, while managing key stakeholder relationships.
- Experience of coordinating, developing, implementing and maintaining a Health and Safety Management system.
- Experience of developing bespoke and accredited health and safety training across a broad range of areas.
-Experience of budget control for the purpose of health and safety management.
- Substantial experience of offering authoritative and independent advice in order to provide effective judgements on issues of health and safety within a complex work place.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate effective communication skills both verbal and written. With the ability to produce complex documentation for a variety of readers and provide credible advice and guidance to a variety of stakeholders across the organisation. Furthermore, they will have a detailed knowledge and understanding of all EU and UK legislation and enforcement systems including the interpretation of case law relating to matter of health and safety
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for the position of Head of Health, Safety and Wellbeing, please apply now or contact Mark Croston - HR Specialist at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.