Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £60000 per annum
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership are seeking a passionate and forward thinking Head of HR to lead a small HR team to provide a customer focused HR service for a growing business based in Manchester. The successful individual will be expected to manage a busy workload and have the ability to project plan and organise their work to meet varying demands. You and the team will support stakeholders across the business by delivering expert professional advice. You will work as part of the wider people leadership team, developing and delivering the people strategy for the business. You must be able to demonstrate a proactive approach of adding value to a business and being a hands-on leader.
The fast paced, challenging environment demands an efficient and decisive individual who is pragmatic in their approach. Your stakeholder management skills must be second to none, working collaboratively across the business to deliver the best for our customers through our people.
Due to the rapid growth of the business, they're keen to build the capability of their leaders and this person will play a key role in driving this forward.
***Experience within a contact centre environment is essential for this role***
Key responsibilities of the Head of HR:
- Develop and implement the HR strategy to support immediate and longer-term business needs
- Lead, manage and direct a small HR team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business, taking overall responsibility for performance
- Ensure that HR policies, procedures and processes are up-to-date and in line with current employment law, implementing changes and introducing new initiatives as required.
- Support and work in conjunction with managers to manage disciplinary, grievance and absence issues ensuring that company procedures are followed and statutory requirements adhered to
- Measure and track staff engagement, identifying areas that require improvement and working with managers to implement appropriate changes.
- Build and develop relationships with stakeholders across the Group at all levels to provide support, guidance and challenge where appropriate on all HR related matters
- Drive continuous improvements by developing and managing the delivery of specific HR projects, policies and processes in line with business requirements
- Devise and execute a solid retention plan to reduce employee turnover and retain top performers
- Be an ambassador of our vision and values and embody throughout the Group
- Act as senior leader at all times raising the HR profile across the Group
- Manage complex ER cases across the Group to balance business focused decisions and legal compliance at all times and ensure high risk cases are managed effectively
- Manage, develop and lead the HR team to provide excellent service and deliver results
Required skills and experience of the Head of HR:
- Minimum level 5 CIPD Qualification or other relevant qualification
- You will have worked in a Head of HR role previously (or equivalent)
- You will have experience of working within a business with a substantial sized contact centre
- Experience in a fast paced environment, preferably with experience of an entrepreneurial owned company would be advantageous
- Be experienced operating at a senior level with experience in coaching a leadership team
- Have a proven background in strategic planning and driving HR initiatives
- Thorough employee relations experience with a good working knowledge of UK employment law
- Have adequate computer skills including MS Office, ATS, HRIS, Internet and email programs
- Possess commercial acumen and an understanding of ROI with sound GDPR knowledge
- You will be able to establish credibility and build department accountability
- Strong generalist HR experience of full end-to-end employee life cycle
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder engagement
- Strong People Manager to support the management of a small HR team
This is fantastic opportunity to join a company with a fast-paced culture with unrivalled opportunities. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this Head of HR position then please apply now, or contact Kerry Norman, Specialist HR Recruiter at Sellick Partnership.
I will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and suitable candidates will be contacted as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.