Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £60000 per annum
20 days ago
Sellick Partnership are seeking a passionate and forward thinking Head of HR to lead a small HR team to provide a customer focused HR service for a growing business based in Manchester. This is a newly created role in the business which requires someone that likes to challenge the norm, will bring new ideas and ways of working to the table as well as practical solutions and will take ownership to drive these solutions forward.
You and the team will support stakeholders across the business by delivering expert professional advice. You will work as part of the wider people leadership team, developing and delivering the people strategy for the business.
You must be able to demonstrate a proactive approach of adding value to a business and being a hands-on leader.
The fast paced, challenging environment demands an efficient and decisive individual who is pragmatic in their approach. Your stakeholder management skills must be second to none, working collaboratively across the business to deliver the best for our customers through our people.
Due to the rapid growth of the business, they're keen to build the capability of their leaders and this person will play a key role in driving this forward.
Key responsibilities of the Head of HR:
- Develop and implement a HR plan in line with the overall people strategy designed to focus on business need and support organisation objectives
- Manage the HR team, developing and driving high performance within the team
- To manage and guide the HR department to ensure fairness and consistency, reflect employment legislation and best practice and the desire to be an employer of choice
- Provide considered and commercial advice and guidance on complex HR issues in order to minimise risk and financial exposure in areas such as performance management, conduct, capability, absence management and grievance.
- Provide a customer focused HR service, delivering expert professional advice and support to stakeholders including management and employees
- Build relationships with senior stakeholders to ensure that HR is supporting the business
- Assist the HR Director with the development and implementation of the people strategy in key areas such as organisational design, employee engagement, and performance management.
- Develop people policies in line with employment legislation, company values and to support the changing needs of the organisation
- Support the HR Director in developing a reward and recognition strategy that supports and rewards behaviours in line with company values and drives high performance
- Interpret and present people data and analysing figures on staff turnover, absence, engagement etc identifying opportunities and risks as appropriate
- Develop and deliver a programme to develop the capability of all people managers
- Support with the implementation of a new HRIS, ensuring the capabilities of the system are maximised to empower all People Managers and employees' whilst minimising HR administration tasks.
- Manage HR administration team, ensuring that all processes are fit for purpose, clearly defined and adhered to by the team
- Ensuring contracts of employment are in place for all employees and kept up to date and managing any contract changes
- Managing and improving the employee life cycle, working with the Recruitment and Payroll functions
- Ability to deputise for the HR Director when required
- Support the Head of Organisational Development in developing talent and capability development strategies that support business growth and drive a high performance culture
- Support the Head of Recruitment where required with recruitment & selection activities, including formulation of; recruitment strategy, people plan, job descriptions and assessment centres.
- Support the Office Manager and ensure compliance with all Health & Safety obligations including risk assessments, investigations and reports are completed.
Required skills and experience of the Head of HR:
- Minimum level 5 CIPD Qualification or other relevant qualification
- You will have worked in a Head of HR role previously (or equivalent)
- You will be able to establish credibility and build department accountability
- Strong generalist HR experience of full end-to-end employee life cycle
- Experience within Professional Services environment would be preferable
- Experience in a fast paced environment, preferably with experience of an entrepreneurial owned company would be advantageous
- Experience of complex ER case work including restructuring and TUPE
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder engagement
- Drive for achievement, flexible and adaptable
- A change champion that is resilient and performs under pressure with a calm demeanour
- Strong People Manager to support the management of a small HR team
- Experience of managing end-to-end payroll collation
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Experience of implementing an HRIS
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills
- Experience of acting as a role model is essential and leading teams
- Able to coach and develop leaders and develop capability programmes
- Ability to work on own initiative, take ownership and get things done
- Demonstrates commercial acumen - partners with the business to deliver commercially focused people strategies and has a good overall understanding of company finances and uses this to develop policies
- Strong computer skills for presentation and analysis of HR data
- Gravitas to support, challenge and coach leaders
This is fantastic opportunity to join a company with a fast-paced culture with unrivalled opportunities. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this Head of HR position then please apply now, or contact Kerry Norman, Specialist HR Recruiter at Sellick Partnership.
I will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and suitable candidates will be contacted as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.