Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
about 1 month ago
Head of IT
Salary highly competitve
Sellick Partnership are delighted to be supporting Concern Group with the recruitment of their Head of IT on an exclusive basis.
Concern Group are a large no-for-profit organisation including Mental Health Concern, Insight Healthcare and various partnerships that are focussed around their vision which is to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people they serve.
Services provided include IAPT Primary Care, Wellbeing at Work, Older People's Services, Adult Services, Community and Wellbeing Services and Housing with Care and Support.
Reporting to the CFO, the Head of IT is responsible for the budget, strategic direction, planning, deployment and maintenance of all related IT requirements for the organisation. The post holder will ensure that Concern Group's services are provided in a way that is consistent with their values and supporting and promoting their organisational culture.
- Lead and direct the work of a team of infrastructure engineers and software developers to provide safe, secure, efficient, reliable and relevant information systems for the Group.
- Driving the strategic alignment of Information Management Systems with the needs of the organisation, and providing expertise and advice in area of responsibility to the Executive and Senior teams.
- Planning, developing, and overseeing IT networks, including telecommunications, database management, networks, and IT support.
- Leading on the choice, installation and evaluation of hardware and software platforms, analysing and being accountable from an operational and financial perspective.
- Acting as lead liaison with vendors supplying IT related products, and working with procurement officer to negotiate contracts for equipment and services to ensure value for and quality of service
- Managing business continuity and disaster recovery planning as well as system security and data confidentiality and ensuring the group effectively meets all relevant regulatory requirements
- Providing excellent customer service and champion and uphold our values, building strong effective working relationships with all internal leaders and external stakeholders
- Work in partnership with the Finance Team to set and monitor the IT budgets, providing financial oversight across IT services to ensure efficient and effective control of expenditure.
- Work closely with the Commercial Business Partnering team to ensure that data is being used to inform business decisions and that we are developing and utilising the data available to us.
- Proactively developing the Group's infrastructure for IT and Informatics working alongside the commercial business partnering team in line with best practise and organisational direction of travel, implementing changes where necessary
- Ensure that the service meets all relevant quality standards, and lead on local and national initiatives in relation to data and information management, including inter-operability and patient data transfer.
- Oversees delivery of targets and projects, ensuring the necessary steps are taken to address any areas for improvement. Consistently monitor performance of the IT service and take action to address areas for development/improvement.
- Develop and maintain Group information systems policies and procedures appropriate for all Group services.
- Lead on local and national initiatives in relation to data and information management, including inter-operability and patient data transfer.
- Support the continued achievement of Information Governance accreditation for Group entities, including the review and maintenance of relevant policies and procedures.
- Provide a responsive help desk service for colleagues to across the Group to maintain system availability and meet the requirements of changing management information needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of NHS/ Public Sector systems and practice
- Experience of ITIL incident, request, configuration and change management methodologies
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems and processes
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Strong technical, leadership and strategic planning experience
Sellick Partnership are recruiting for the Head of IT on an exclusive basis. Any applications sent directly to Concern Group will be redirected to Sellick Partnership.
Please contact Adam Burgess at Sellick Partnership to discuss further and to receive a candidate recruitment pack.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website