City of London, London
about 1 year ago
Head of Legal
Fixed term contract - Maternity Cover
About the Role
An opportunity has arisen for a Head of Legal to join an independent regulatory organisation reporting to the Home Secretary. The client is offering a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave starting in October.
The role will include:
- Being the principal legal advisor to the authority on all aspects of its role as a regulator and corporate body
- Provide legal advice to the board and other internal and external clients
- Managing an in-house legal team
- Managing corporate law matters such as employment tribunals and commercial litigation
- Develop, implement and manage policies and systems
The Ideal Candidate for this Head of Legal Role will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory law and best practice
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate law and commercial litigation
- 2+ years' experience of managing a team of qualified lawyers
- 4+ years PQE
- Budget management experience would be beneficial but not essential
- 74- 78k p/a
- Fixed Term Contract
- Convenient Location
- Great work culture.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Mark Bladen in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.