East Sussex, England
Up to £91987 per annum
7 months ago
£91,987 per annum- access to performance related pay also
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Head of Legal to join a large Regulatory Body.
As Head of Legal you will report into the Director of Legal and provide oversight over operational legal work across the legal function
You will lead and line manage Lead Lawyers and support and advise the Director and Heads of Case Management, Supervision and Head of Compliance and Enforcement in relation to team strategies, as well as on complex or critical cases and be point of escalation for other leads. You will identify issues of strategic legal significance and escalate as appropriate and work with General Counsel to develop and maintain the provision of Legal Services.
You will represent the organisation externally in matters of strategic significance as and when required and liaise with external stakeholders.
Other responsibilities of Head of Legal will include:
- Attend Risk Committees
- Work collaboratively as part of, and contribute to relevant management groups
- Build relationships across the legal team/ organisation to ensure lawyers have a clear understanding of priority work activities
- Identify new leads of legal risks and escalate/ resolve issues as appropriate
- Play an active role as a member of the enforcement and supervision management team
Essential skills and experience required:
- Management and leadership experience, as well as operational planning experience
- Extensive experience providing consistent, clear, audience-tailored risk-based advice
- High awareness of the pensions and regulatory environment (including public law issues) and its strategic trends and issues
- Ability to resolve competing views within the Legal Team/ other teams
- Proactively identifying strategic risks, issues and opportunities leading to improved regulatory (including legal) outcomes
Benefits of the role:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- Discretionary bonus arrangements
- Access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career progression opportunities
- Enhanced parental leave arrangements
- Free employee assistance programme
- An excellent office location
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply now, or contact Amy Swain at Sellick Partnership for a confidential chat on 0161 513 0886, or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.