East of England, England
£700 - £800 per day
6 months ago
Head of Legal & Monitoring Officer required to work for a well-regarded local authority based in East Anglia.
As a Head of Legal and Monitoring Officer, you will be required to handle a varied caseload which will include:
- Advising on various day to day legal issues as the Principal Legal Advisor and member of the senior management team
- Liaising with external Democratic Services function and carrying out the role of Monitoring Officer
- Providing training on governance to colleagues and being responsible for governance audit
- Managing the Legal Team and advising on high profile strategic projects as well as liaising with external auditors
- Acting as the adviser to various committees
This assignment is due to be for an initial 3 month period, however there is a possibility for extension depending on the business's needs.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic, friendly, accommodating team who can offer flexibility for the right candidate.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Chelsey Newsom in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.