£500 - £600 per day
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an interim Head of Resources for a Local Authority in Northamptonshire. This role is a truly unique one, where you will play a vital part in the Unitary Authority for Northamptonshire as well as leading a number of directorates across the Council.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Resources:
- Leading Finance, IT, Procurement, HR and Corporate Support services across the Council
- Act as the Council's Deputy Section 151 Officer
- Help to transition and transform the above services into a new Unitary Council as part of the Future Northants Local Government reform programme
- Compile the statutory year-end financial statements
- Budget setting and monitoring
The successful Head of Resources will:
- Have demonstrable experience of working at a senior level within Public Sector finance (Local Government is advantageous, although not essential)
- Ideally have experience of leading IT services through change. Further IT investment is planned as part of the creation of the new Unitary Council
- Have proven experience with leading annual closure of accounts and associated year-end work
- Be a fully CCAB qualified Accountant or extensively qualified by experience
This excellent opportunity will be starting in mid to late February, lasting until at least March 2021. There are fantastic rates on offer for the right candidate, and the Council is willing to consider part-time hours too.
If you feel your experience matches the above or are keen to find out more, please get in touch with Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.