Birmingham, West Midlands
£44000 - £52000 per annum
11 months ago
Sellick partnership are currently recruiting a Head of Student Number Planning and Reporting for Birmingham City University.
In the brand new role, you will be responsible for student number planning and modelling activity for an ever-changing student population, working closely with Finance, Student Records and with academic areas. You will also oversee crucial, high-impact annual student data reporting to the Higher Education Statistics Agency, the Office for Students, and other regulators.
As head of a skilled team, you will co-create, together with the Head of Performance and Intelligence and their team, a centre of excellence for data insight, helping to achieve BCU's strategic goals.
Duties for the Head of Student Number Planning and reporting include:
- Developing annual and five year student number forecasts and scenarios, using appropriate modelling techniques
- Delivering flexible and appropriate in-year student number reports to stakeholders across the University
- Managing process and systems enhancement projects as required
- Overseeing key Statutory Returns, including the annual HESA Student Return
- Enhancing the University's wider capacity to plan through joined up data in relation to students and related resource
- Contributing to innovative Business Intelligence solutions
- Leading, training and developing a small team of analysts
You will need:
- A numerate degree is essential
- Experience of student number reporting in a Higher Education environment, including HESA and HESES is essential
- Knowledge of relevant applications for data analysis and modelling, including advanced Excel is essential
- Experience of BI tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Ideally knowledge of SQL, R; other extraction and forecasting applications
- Curiosity and creativity to look for new ways to gain insights for the business from student numbers and scenario planning is essential
The Planning and Performance Department delivers business insights, forecasting and essential management information and business intelligence to the Vice-Chancellor, Deputy Vice-Chancellors and Faculty Deans, as well as stakeholders across the University. The department inform decision making and help the University thrive in the changing policy environment of English Higher EducationIf you are interested in this vacancy, please email your CV to email@example.com.
The closing date is Thursday 12th November.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.