Durham, County Durham
8 months ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Health and Safety Advisor required to join a public sector organisation in Durham. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to join their team on a permanent basis.
As the Health and Safety Advisor you will be providing competent health and safety advice, guidance and support.
Key responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor:
- Support the health, safety and compliance team to maintain and review the organisations' health, safety and compliance management system and strategy in line with changing legislation, business needs and best practice
- Carry out research and consultation, draft policies and procedures and delivered associated briefings and training events
- Provide competent health and safety advice, guidance and support on risk assessment to employees with responsibilities for carrying these out
- Provided competent health and safety advice, guidance and support to managers with reporting and investigation of accidents and incidents
- To advise on the application and interpretation of all health and safety policies, procedures, legislation, approved codes of practice, statutory guidance and case law
- To support and deliver both planned and ad-hoc workplace inspections, audits and statutory assessments as required
- Keep health and safety documentation up to date
- Research, write, prepare and maintain a range of business documents and management information, including reports, briefings, training materials, policies, procedures and guidance documents
Required skills and experience of the Health and Safety Advisor:
- A full UK Driving License
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Health and Safety Advisor role, please apply now, or contact Lucie Houston at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.