South Yorkshire, England
9 months ago
Health and Safety Advisor
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Health and Safety Advisor to work for a large social housing organisation based in South Yorkshire.
The purpose of the role is to support the health and safety team leader in embedding a positive and effective health, safety and compliance culture across the business, including assisting in the development, delivery and monitoring of a robust health, safety and compliance management framework.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor include:
- Support the health, safety and compliance team to maintain and review the organisations' health, safety and compliance management system and strategy in line with changing legislation, business needs and best practice
- Carry out research and consultation, draft policies and procedures and delivered associated briefings and training events
- Provide competent health and safety advice, guidance and support on risk assessment to employees with responsibilities for carrying these out
- Provided competent health and safety advice, guidance and support to managers with reporting and investigation of accidents and incidents. This includes ensuring a report is completed and actions are followed up and liaising with the Health and Safety Executive and other agencies as appropriate.
- To advise on the application and interpretation of all health and safety policies, procedures, legislation, approved codes of practice, statutory guidance and case law
- To support the Head of Asset Management and Compliance and Health & Safety Manager to carry out effective trade union and employee consultation on health and safety matters
- To support and deliver both planned and ad-hoc workplace inspections, audits and statutory assessments as required
- Keep health and safety documentation up to date.
- Research, write, prepare and maintain a range of business documents and management information, including reports, briefings, training materials, policies, procedures and guidance documents
Required skills and experience of the Health and Safety Advisor:
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or an equivalent level 3 qualification in Health and Safety, with the commitment to achieve an agreed level 6 qualification
- Technician or Graduate member of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) working towards Chartered Membership demonstrating continuous professional development
- Detailed knowledge of statutory and regulatory frameworks relevant to health and safety including legislation, approved codes of practice, guidance documents and the application of these
- Experience of advising managers on all aspects of health and safety management including the interpretation and application of health and safety law
- Full UK driving licence
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Health and Safety Advisor role, please apply now or contact Claire Harrison at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.