£180.00 - £210.00 per day
9 months ago
Sellick Partnership has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety professional to join one of our long standing clients.
The purpose and main responsibility of the Health & Safety Manager is to lead the development and implementation of Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities of the Health & Safety are:
- Continuously improve and maintain standards
- Participate in creating, reviewing and upgrading the quality standards, policies and procedures, keeping them up to date and ensuring highest standards are achieved.
- Maintain records of all audits performed and retain records of all written and documented quality standards, policies and procedures.
- Coach, motivate and challenge employees in the importance of quality and drive continuous improvement activities, supporting people to improve their processes.
- Determine audit schedules.
Health and safety:
- Continuously improve & maintain ISO 18001/45001 standard
- Review and maintain the Health and Safety policy, recommending and implementing improvements, maintaining up to date knowledge of current legislation
- Promote good HSE practices throughout the business by educating people and supporting managers, whilst embedding a culture of pro-active risk management and health and safety throughout.
- Co-ordinate all health and safety activities in the organisation
- Review the Health, Safety and Environment Policy Statements on an annual basis, making recommendations for change as appropriate
- Devise, develop and monitor effective Risk Assessment management strategies
- Provide, or where necessary source, training for staff in relation to Health and Safety management
- Carry out or arrange workplace safety audits and ensure that any remedial recommendations are communicated and actioned
- Complete statutory reporting e.g. RIDDOR
- Monitor H&S key performance indicators, providing management with statistical analysis and taking remedial action where necessary
- Arrange for all accidents, incidents and near-misses to be investigated, collate findings and approve course of action for prevention of recurrence
- Maintain a register of First Aiders and ensure the adequate provision of first-aid facilities
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure that contractors, suppliers, consultants and other visitors comply with relevant legislation and safety policies.
- Manage and maintain the COSHH database, ensuring COSHH statements are available on all hazardous materials and that effective risk assessments are in place to manage the handling and use of such substances
- Previous NHS experience
- NEBOSH Qualification
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.