South Yorkshire, England
5 months ago
Health and Safety Team Leader
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Health and Safety Team Leader to work for a large social housing organisation based in South Yorkshire.
The purpose of the role is to support the embedding of a positive and effective health, safety and compliance culture across the business, including assisting in the development, implementation and monitoring of a robust health, safety and compliance strategy.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Team Leader include:
- Support in the developing, delivering and monitoring the health, safety and compliance strategy
- Review and develop the health and safety management system
- Support the Health, Safety and Compliance Service Manager in complying with the organisations duties and obligations as specified in the legal register, keeping the key document up to date and fit for purpose
- Support achievement and maintenance of the organisations' five star status and ISO 45001 accreditation, including putting all the necessary arrangements in place for the audit process
- Developing, coordinating and undertaking where necessary, internal and external monitoring programmes, site visits, inspections, service reviews, statutory assessments and audits
- Develop robust relationships with management teams to embed H&S within the culture of the company and ensure engagement and understanding of their H&S responsibilities and accountabilities
- Ensure appropriate CDM arrangements are in place across the business
- Keep up to date with statutory duties, legislation and best practice in relation to health, safety and compliance, and advise the business accordingly
Required skills and experience of the Health and Safety Team Leader:
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or an equivalent qualification in Health and Safety or Compliance related discipline
- Technician or Graduate member of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) working towards Chartered Membership demonstrating continuous professional development
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice and statutory guidance and their application
- Proven experience of working in a health and safety role
- Experience of delivering a broad range of technical and professional advice and support in relation to health, safety and compliance using knowledge of health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice and statutory guidance
- Full UK driving licence
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Fire Safety Officer role, please apply now or contact Claire Harrison at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.